Sunday, November 1, 2009

Random Thoughts of Thankfulness!!

OK.... so I laid in bed last night and couldn't fall asleep and started thinking that tomorrow would be November 1st. Of course November brings to me thoughts of Thanksgiving and gratitude. I thought that maybe I would try to blog about some of the "random" things I am thankful for... not in any order of importance (that would be difficult for anyone I think), but just things that I hold in my heart or that pop into my mind as important to remember and be thankful for. Hopefully not too long or "wordsy, again just from the heart! November 1...2009 Well then... today I am thankful for my "heart." Working, pumping, beating... I am indeed alive! I have felt my heart ache, hurt, break... I have felt my heart burst with pride, happiness, joy... I have felt my heart become soft, feeling, tender.... I have felt my heart become hard, unforgiving, selfish! I like my soft heart the best because even if it's hurt or too proud, my soft heart says, "It's OK... just be the best person you know how and everything will be OK." Most of my family and friends know that for about 13 years I have collected "heart- shaped rocks." I have them on my dresser, on my bathroom vanity, outside in my garden and even in a shoebox in the closet. Friends and family bring me them now. This summer, even my grand kids got in on looking for them everywhere. The entire garden was scoured over and many an "almost" heart rock was carried dutifully and tenderly for their Nana's approval & joy! (They are now outside in the official "heart rock garden!"). There probably hasn't been one time when my sweetheart goes out jogging, or when we're on a walk together, or strolling across a parking lot, that he doesn't look down and by golley.... finds me a heart rock. He says it easy because you find what you look for. Isn't that the truth? My heart loves him so! (He was definitely what I was looking for!) My mom's heart gave out. She had a good one. Not until she was gone did I realize and more fully appreciate her goodness and "sweet" heart. She had many trials... losing the love of her life when she was only 38 years old. I'm sure now her heart hurt like mad. She just kept going on in spite of further challenges too. She blessed me with a safe home where my needs (not always my wants) were met. I am grateful for her goodness. So today...to all of you I love.... BLESS YOUR HEARTS..... FOREVER!!

3 comments:

Star 6 said...

Thank you for being my sweet HEART seester seester. Loved your thoughts.

Thompson said...

Your thoughts are a treasure to me! Thanks for sharing and for giving a piece of your heart to me. I love you!!!

Sarah*MK said...

I have a heart shaped rock for you! I've held on to it for awhile but it's in a box right now and I think it your garden will be a better home for it.