skip to main |
skip to sidebar
I was checking out Bakerella a few weeks ago and saw the "Pie Pops" and they looked so easy and fun. I went ahead and made a batch. Well.... there really isn't enough room to stuff in enough pie filling to make it taste much more than plain pie crust, so I got another idea... hence my new and improved "Cherry Pie Bites!" I just used a regular small flower cookie cutter and cut out all the shapes first. Next, I added one cherry and some filling to the middle of the flower and baked them for about 8-10 minutes. Can I tell you that with a little vanilla ice cream...auhhhh cherry pie ala mode! Now for "Sugar Cake!" When my mother was a teenager she worked one time at a cafe making their pies. What I remember growing up were numerous pies for every occasion. Pecan Pie became my favorite. She made lovely banana cream, lemon merainge, cherry, apple, & pumpkin! I watched and watched her roll out the pie crust and gently place it in the pie tins. A fork was used to poke several holes all the way around. Last of all she would take the leftover dough and roll it out into a circle... sprinkle sugar and cinnamon all over it, bake it and ta-da....a sugar cake just for me!!
No comments:
Post a Comment