OK.... when I was a junior in high school, I got the crazy idea that I should get a job! But where? I decided to get into my 1969 navy blue VW bug and drive over the hill to Smith's Food King. I innocently and naively walked in and asked for a job application. After a few minutes I was told that I would need to go in the "back." Have you ever been in the "back" of a grocery store? Dark, messy, cement floors, with very old broken down chairs where other grocery store workers were sitting and "starring" at this 16 year old looking for the applications. Yuk! Still a bad memory. I guess before I could "check" groceries at the grocery store, I had to be "checked" out by the somewhat sleazy staff!! Of course I didn't realize that was what was going on at the time. I just had my dumb smile on and luckily everything "checked out" and I got the job! The cash register was ancient and guess what... I was the one who figured out the change given back to the customer. Me, myself and I! Anyway, a long way around to the point of this blog.
100 years later I am now using a cash register again! Computerized of course, not like the one I used when I was 16! I got a call from the University Book Store asking if I wanted to help out at rush! It is really a part part part-time job helping at the beginning and ending of semesters. Imagine me... still not quite tall enough to see all the buttons without tipping on my toes a little. My brain is getting good stretching exercises and I really have enjoyed working with such nice people and mixing it up with the college kids. For journaling purposes this is my blog for today!
New Blog... Our Home on the River!
-
It has been a year since I posted. I've started a new blog about some new
things in my life. If you wish to visit, it is
www.forsbergriverhouse.blogspot....

No comments:
Post a Comment