Women's Conference was held April 30th & May 1st in Provo, Utah. I flew into Salt Lake from Seal Beach and my friend Kelly Brock graciously picked me up at the airport. (She also let me stay at her home and "babysat" my car while I was gone!) I then drove her back to her work and went back to the airport to pick up my daughter Jamie! We set the GPS and headed down to Provo. We met Aubrey for dinner that night at "Five Guys Burgers and Fries!" They were featuring potatoes from REXBURG, IDAHO that day! Made me feel at home. It was way too yummy... but I'm sorry... Big Jud's in Archer, Idaho still makes the best fries in the world!! We next went over to the great and spacious building... Nordstrom's..., and drooled for a while. Follow this next part closely... we stayed overnight at Jamie's husband Aaron's Aunt Cloene and Uncle Dennis' home while attending the conference. Fun, sweet, nice people. So grateful for a roof over our heads. My friend Kelly met us at the Marriot Center and we had such a fun time together. We attended many wonderful classes, did a few service projects like...loomed hats and greeting cards, ate too much food, laughed & cried and truly felt the spirit of a loving Heavenly Father for his daughters. My "saw" was definitely sharpened & my bucket was filled to overflowing. Hillary Weeks said, "Isn't your bucket full? Don't you just want to go home and splash it all over everyone?" YES!! Just like Lehi wanted to share the fruit of the tree with his family, I wanted to bring the special spirit back home and continue trying to be a better person. I was away from my sweetheart for almost two weeks and was anxious to get home, but Jamie's plane didn't leave until 4:40 on Saturday, so (after stopping to buy an umbrella), we decided to drive to Salt Lake City in the rain and go to the Church History Museum and go to the Lion House for lunch. Jamie and I were in awe at all the beautiful flowers. Next year I am inviting my daughters and daughter-in-law to come and go!! See you there!
New Blog... Our Home on the River!
-
It has been a year since I posted. I've started a new blog about some new
things in my life. If you wish to visit, it is
www.forsbergriverhouse.blogspot....

1 comment:
Count me in!!!
Post a Comment