Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Surfing down to Seal Beach!!!

I flew on Jet Blue down to Long Beach Airport on April 21st. Angela picked me up and we had a fabulous eight days together. (Johnny was is Virginia doing training for the Coast Guard for three weeks.) The weather was perfect and I enjoyed thawing out. The girls had been sick and baby Emma had a bad cough and ear infections. We had to try to force the yucky pick medicine down her twice a day. Gag! Poor thing! I think Emma remembered me because I kept reminding her that I was able to see her born into this world. She is the happiest, smiliest baby around. Every time I came near her, she got so excited and we played and played. She even fell asleep while I was holding her. Ohhhhhh... Paige was a card! Whenever Angela left the house, she would start saying, "Mommy, come back, come back! I love you, I love you," with all the emotion of a Hollywood star! Crack up! Ellie is still a doll! When she got out of Kindergarten and was walking up to meet us, she took off running to me with a big giant HUG! She is reading unbelievably. Every night we read out of the Book of Mormon reader and she knew almost every hard word! Impressed... especially because I worked with low readers at the elementary school and I know what a challenge that can be for some children. While there I also helped Angela and her friend Ronda make freezer strawberry jam! So yummy on toast! On Friday, Brandon & Amanda drove from Imperial Valley to Seal Beach so that I could meet my little granddaughter Isabella Noema. The boys were all so adorable, with their Christmas blankets I had made them in tow... Isabella was a living doll. If you're not sure which one she is, just look for the baby with the "eyes." I just wanted to eat them all up. So blessed with nine little ones that are part of the "wonder" of being Nana & Papa.

2 comments:

Michelle and Judson said...

Love love love the kids, can't wait to see them in July, you were quite the traveler weren't you!

Thompson said...

Come back!!! We miss you. Two months is way to long until we see you agian. We were truly blessed to have you with us!!!