Sunday, February 1, 2009

Share the LOVE!

Happy first day of February!! During the first part of FEBRUARY, when my kids were little, we would hunt around for a bunch of shoe boxes and usually for a "Family Night," we would spend the time decorating them. First, we would cover them completely with a Valentinish color, then I had lots of glue & hearts... lace hearts, red hearts, pink hearts, candy hearts, etc. and we would decorate to our "hearts" content! We next cut a hole in the top big enough to slip a "love note" inside. We had from that night until Valentine's Day to fill each others boxes with love letters. On Valentine's Day we would open them up and all read our letters. I put my latest mailbox (about three years old), out last night, and reminded my sweetheart of the purpose of the "box." It was a great tradition that my children still remember. Try it... & SHARE THE LOVE!

3 comments:

jamie t. said...

That was one of my favorite traditions. I need to start that with my girls :)

Thompson said...

It's funny you posted about that. Me and the girls ran into Payless last night and asked them for extra shoe boxes. We are doing it for Family Night. Thanks Mom for the fun tradition!!

Michelle and Judson said...

Mom, I totally remember doing that, it was so much fun. Today is Monday we'll have to do that for FHE! I miss you tons, and wish I could put a love note in your box... :o)