Saturday, January 31, 2009

I love to see the Temple... especially in the snow!

When I came out of the Rexburg Temple last Friday around 10:30am, I noticed how everything was absolutely frozen and white. The trees looked like they were playing "statues." So quiet, so still. so frosty white. You just want to capture the moment forever in your minds eye. I sometimes say when something beautiful or sweet happens, "Oh, I just took a picture with my heart!" Well, I decided to drive home (2 1/2 minutes) and grab my camera and come back and try to be a "PHOTOGRAPHER!" It has been one year now that I have been able to serve in the temple. I have absolutely learned to love the women & men that I work with. They remind me of angels on earth. I was thinking how very lucky we are to have the temples. I thought about the time I visited New York City and the constant "noise." Even during the middle of the night I could still hear the honking of cabs like it was daytime. I thought of all the big cities in the world and the traffic and noise that never stops, and I felt so incredibly lucky to have the privilege of at least once a week, to walk the beautiful halls, and feel nothing but peace and quiet. I wish the whole world could know of that kind of peace and that they could have it too. Winter white, temple white, snowy white!

3 comments:

jamie t. said...

Mom, those look perfessional! I want a copy. Will you send me them. Miss you too much :)

Thompson said...

I cannot believe all that snow! The Temple looks timeless. Believe it or not, we were at Crystal Cove at the beach all day. It was so beautiful. All I can say is Brrrrrrrrrrr!!! I know it's hard to believe but at the moment I'm glad I'm here and not there. Love you bunches! Ellie says she loves you and Paige said to say I miss you I love you.

Thompson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.