New Blog... Our Home on the River!
-
It has been a year since I posted. I've started a new blog about some new
things in my life. If you wish to visit, it is
www.forsbergriverhouse.blogspot....
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Nifty, Nifty someone's FIFTY?
Today is Alain's birthday! He has finally caught up to me. Really... the fifties are wonderful...and so is he! I am married to the most giving, unselfish man on the face of the earth. He is a wonderful husband, father, son, brother, friend and "Papa" to his ten grandchildren. This summer the grandkids spent hours with him in his "shop" creating bird houses, swords and even a surprise for me! He loves his big shop and has discovered a new love of woodworking, etc! He made his sister a beautiful hearth for her fireplace and also some awesome wooden frames. He made my sister a very creative "pooper scooper" for her chicken coup. If anything needs repairing or creating, he can do it. He literally created our Christmas tree this year. About seven years ago I bought a beautifully flocked fake Christmas tree. We stored it in the garage in the house we previously lived in. When we moved, we got the bottom two sections, but left the top piece in the attic of the garage. I was heartbroken, but knew it was too late to recover it from California. We were just going to have to chuck it, but last week Alain said, "I think I can make the two sections into a tree for you." AND HE DID! He always goes the extra mile in all that he does and whomever he serves. Happy Birthday to my very best friend! I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My thanks and gratitude to your sweet husband. He is all you said he is. Love the tree.... so glad he saved it.
Donna,
I have to agree with you. He was one of the most kind people I know. The girls loved him and Alyssa was so thrilled when he would stop by and check on her at the library to give her fatherly advice. What a great man! We loved him very much and were grateful to have spent a couple hours with him when we took Alyssa and Lauren up to school. It was a privilege for Keith to serve with him in the bishopric. We love you and are keeping you and your family in our prayers. Love you, Gina
Post a Comment