Friday, October 29, 2010

What is the meaning of this I ask?

crucible [ˈkruːsɪbəl]

n

1. (Chemistry) a vessel in which substances are heated to high temperatures

2. (Engineering / Metallurgy) the hearth at the bottom of a metallurgical furnace in which the metal collects

3. a severe trial or test

I'm home from the hospital. Seven days of your life.... blink...... no preparation, no indication, no warning... just pain. In the dark, quiet of the night I heard a word that hit me intensely. I had just experienced a crucible! To be continued....

2 comments:

jamie t. said...

Oh mama..... I am so glad you are home and better. What a week!

Thompson said...

I absolutely loved looking at your last blog post of the old houses and fences. If only life was as tranquil as those pictures were. How fun! I can't even express my relief and happiness that you are home. Miss you more then ever !!!