Thursday, June 3, 2010

Deep in the Heart of TEXAS!!

I was a tourist this time when I visited San Antonio! When Alain and I were there in March it just poured rain the entire time. (This time it felt like a heat wave!!) Cool ivy building! All I could remember about the Alamo, was "remember the Alamo!" Jusdon filled me in on the history and it was interesting to "re-learn." Everything is BIG in Texas! ...even Michelle could not fill these shoes.... My first time seeing the famous River Walk in downtown San Antonio! Juson and Michelle were so sweet to buy me lunch along the "River Walk!" We drank ice water, but oh how yummy the next tables drinks looked! Standing by the interesting colored water... I was so worried "someone" would fall in...(and I didn't want it to be me!) What color would you describe that water? OK... so I was beyond grossed out when Judson brought home dinner one night. Of course I had to tell him I would try one of these creatures...but I had no idea I would have to crack into the thing myself. I think that is the bravest I've been in a long, long time! By the way, this is a craw-fish... or craw-dad as I like to call them! Thanks Judson and Michelle for a swell time! I will be back to avenge you in another game of "VIKINGS!" We also were able to attend the San Antonio Temple and can I just say it was the most gorgeous temple!

4 comments:

Simply Britt said...

It really is a great state. . . glad you enjoyed your time here in San Antonio!!!

jamie t. said...

What a fun trip and what great pictures!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you came, and yes... finally got to see around, here you either melt or get drenched, haha! Love you, miss you already

Jenna said...

I am really impressed that you ate that thing! How fun you got to visit them :)