New Blog... Our Home on the River!
-
It has been a year since I posted. I've started a new blog about some new
things in my life. If you wish to visit, it is
www.forsbergriverhouse.blogspot....
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Did you know?
On our visit to the "Humanitarian Center" in Salt Lake City, we were told of a man who has devised a way to take "old" sewing machines and rework them to become manually operated. Once they are converted over, the sewing machines are then sent to third world countries or places where there might not be electricity available, so men and women can start their own businesses. This really touched my heart because of all I have, and I wanted to make sure I kept a lookout for these old machines so that I could donate them to the Humanitarian Center! Don't they do the most marvelous work there?
I was at Deseret Industries yesterday, and I spotted one in the outdoor area. An employee told me to also check the inside also. I did, and saw the case of this machine. I took off the cover and "ta-dah" this beautiful pinkish/salmon colored beauty was inside. I tried to figure out how old it is, but I just figure I will call it "vintage!" It has to be from the 40's or 50's! If any of you are sewers, the brand is Nicchi! The other machine was a Singer.
This pink beauty was $8.00 and had a note on it that it did not work any longer.... that's OK... they are going to make this into something that will be able to change someone's life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is so cool mom! Very retro :)
It was meant to be that you were going that day... how neat.
Wow, that is an awesome, unique way to bless someone's life...way to contribute!!
How great is that! What a great ( & hip) discovery!
Post a Comment