Sunday, October 25, 2009

Going.... going..... almost gone!

I've been watching out my back/side window all week as the leaves have been falling...falling....falling. I was talking to my sister on the phone and I said, "Oh wow, it looks like it is snowing---leaves. They were just gently falling one by one and I got a kick out of it! Yesterday across the street where our church is, there was a group of three or four boys, around the age of 10 or 11, and they were having the time of their lives playing in piles of leaves. First they went home and got rakes and made piles to ride their bikes over, next they decided to bury each other. I left to do an errand, and when I was coming back, I noticed they had gotten white kitchen garbage bags and were trying to "bag" the leaves.... Later that day I looked out and there were no boys to be found and four lonely white bags full of leaves ! ...precious!!

3 comments:

Aaron said...

That is how it looks here! How sweet of those boys to bag the leaves.... after all their fun :)

Thompson said...

I love this post Mom!! I miss the leaves falling like that. We don't really get to see it like that here. After I read about the boys playing in the leaves all I could think of is, "Where has all the innocence gone?" I want it back! If only simple joy like that could bring more people joy!! Love you Mom

Michelle and Judson said...

Cute mom, the only season I see is brown hottness, though today we had a monsoon so maybe my turn with fall is coming!