
In honor of Memorial Day, Alain & I made a quick trip to Paris....that is... Paris, Idaho to visit the cemetery where my parents are buried. We stayed with my Aunt Laura in Laketown, Utah. Laketown is where my father grew up. It is still a quiet, beautiful place that looks very much like time has stood still. The city of Paris, is where my mother grew up and these pictures really take me back to my many visits there through the years. We ate lunch at the Paris Cafe (while waiting for the rain to stop), and then visited the cemetery. My sweet Aunt Ina always makes sure the grave sites are beautifully decorated.
We are so grateful for those who have gone before... and some who like the very last picture... came and were only able to be here a very short time. I value and appreciate my
pioneer heritage, my
faithful great-grandparents, my
hard working grandparents, and the service my
brave dad gave to this country during World War II. As we look forward, we mustn't ever forget to keep looking back with sincere gratitude for all that we have been given.
2 comments:
I've always wanted to go to Paris!!! ha ha. I love the pictures that you got. That barn and those fields were amazing. The Northwest is beautiful in its own way... but I do love that kind of beauty. The open space, barns, cows, and old wooden fences.
Wow. What beautiful country! Love the pictures. And I too am grateful for people like your Dad who have fought to keep our country free and safe!
Post a Comment