Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Well just maybe....

I'm not sure, but just maybe spring is on its way!! Right outside our front door, we can see the buds of our spring flowers coming up. We have a neighbor next door who calls the daffodils "poor dumb things," because as "sure as shootin" they get snowed on every year and bent clear back down to the ground. When I was a little girl, I remember my mother saying, "Look Donna" as she bent down to the snowy ground in our backyard rock garden. She would then push back a little snow and there would be a cluster of "Snowdrop" flower buds. In a matter of days they would be fully opened, doing their best to poke through any snow in their way. These little early spring flowers will always remind me of my mother and HER love of flowers and spring and orderly beauty. I need to be more like these Snowdrops... keep pushing and trying to give hope and beauty where it might be the most difficult to do so. Once again, the little things are the big things.

1 comment:

Michelle and Judson said...

Mom, first off your pics look professional, your camera is amazing. I love hearing stories about grandma, I really miss her. That for the encouraging ending, we all need to push a little harder through the snowy days. love you thanks for talkin!