skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Hello everyone! We got an interesting surprise for spring. All of a sudden spring took a detour.
We had a couple of days of spring snow. Here in Idaho I guess the spring rain sometimes decides to come down in solid form. We are still enjoying spring in whatever form it comes. Mom is almost out of school (hurray!!!). She is looking forward to "having a life" as she puts it. I am still waiting for my job to start. I got a little tired of waiting so I'm applying for a security job at the college. We will see which job comes through first. Today we planted our garden (05-26-07). We think we are safe from anymore cold snaps. We planted sweet peas, green beans, red onions, potatoes, squash, pumpkins, tomatoes, and some flowers. We will be planting corn, carrots, cucumbers, and lettuce as well. We are trying a new growth product this year. It is all natural and the nursery guy says that it will work better than miracle grow. If it does we will have produce coming out of our ears. Maybe it will be ready when some of you come to visit this summer. Last week we had our Stake Conference and it was incredible. We had Elder Holland and Elder Kopischki here and they were wonderful. Their wisdom and counsel was just what I needed to hear. One of the things we were counseled to do was to trust the Lord especially in the midst of our trials. Elder Holland spoke of the time the Savior was crossing the sea with his disciples and the sea became very rough to the point that the disciples were afraid that they were going to perish. They woke the Savior and said, "Master, carest thou not that we perish." The Savior lovingly chided them for their lack of faith and he calmed the sea. Elder Holland pointed out that none of the disciples jumped out of the boat, even when the trial seemed hopeless. He then encouraged us not to jump out of the boat either while in the hardest part of our trials. That is when we go to the Lord with an open heart to receive whatever is best for us at the time. Elder Holland also said that in the middle of our trials is really when we may be closest to heaven, not the other way around. Well, I hope we as a family will understand and take this counsel to heart. We love each of you. You are always in our thoughts and prayers.
All our love,
The Parents
1 comment:
I always love your pictures. Keep them coming. I am still looking for some pics of your scooters!!!
Post a Comment