Saturday, May 19, 2007

I looked out the window & what did I see?

May 19, 2007 This week as I was up in my little classroom on the second floor of Burton Elementary, and I looked out of the window. My heart just smiled a big smile. There out on the playground were these precious little kids having a ball at recess, and a big herd of COWS, just pretending to be grazing so they could watch the fun too ... neither really phased by the other. Too cute! I also decided to take another picture of my view from the school. If you look really close above the roof of the building, you can see the Rexburg Temple! We feel so blessed to be here. I think you will be amazed at the changes you will see since you were here last time. I have two more weeks of school. Friday, June 1st is the last day! I can't wait to be home again! I have really enjoyed working at the school though because I've worked with such nice people, and you just fall in love with these little kids. Daniel has been my favorite this year. At first I thought, "Oh know!" I did discover that his mom left their family and he is being raised by his dad. (One day a little girl in the class said to Daniel, "Your mom died didn't she?" Daniel looked at her and said, "No, but we wished she did!") I don't know all the details, but when I've shown extra love and patience towards him, it has come back 100 fold. Last week I said, "Oh Daniel, look at your arms?" (They were almost black and he is white!) I told him to not forget to take a shower or bath that night. The next day he came to class and I said, "Oh no Daniel, you forgot to take a shower didn't you?" He frowned and acknowledged that he hadn't. I told him to not forget that night. The next day (which was Friday), he came in and said, "I forgot to shower again!" (He also was wearing the same shirt all week) I said teasingly, "Daniel, soap is your friend, soap is your friend!" Well, sure enough Monday morning he came bursting into class, "Mrs. Budge, I took a bath, a really long bath", and he held up his arms. He was so excited and his eyes were just twinkling with excitement. I looked at his arms and they looked almost the same. I just faked it and said, "Oh Daniel, how wonderful!" WITH LOVE, mOm

No comments: