Friday, November 27, 2009

This is me on Thankgiving Day when I was about "eight" years old. My mother was a great cook and I always remember sitting down to eat, I would eat just the right amount so that I would have room for her delicious pie. When finished I would announce..."I'm done.... can I have pie?" You should have seen everyone's faces...."What? Pie? Now? Then came the exclamation...."Oh..... we won't have pie for 3 or 4 hours until all our food settles!" I used to get SO mad. Why could I could eat just the right amount and everyone else had to go and stuff themselves silly!! Tragically, two days later my dad was traveling in a small airplane with the BYU Cougar Club. They were flying to New Mexico to a football game. Near Camp Williams, at the "point of the mountain," (between Salt Lake City and Provo), the plane crashed and all the crew and passengers were killed. November 27th has since then been a day of remembering both sadly and fondly the memories we all had of my dad. Today I am thankful for him. My dad... sister "Tam"... and me in our backyard!

No comments: