skip to main |
skip to sidebar
The picture of the phone on top, is the exact phone I used growing up. It hung in the kitchen right above the light switches. ( Notice the "curly-cue" cord?) (Notice also that there were no numbers to push... we dialed each number around the dial until it reached the spot of connection.) Depending on how long the cord was, determined how far away you could take the receiver and talk. Unfortunately for a teenager, the cord on my phone only reached about six feet away, or just a little past the refrigerator... and if I laid down, just in front of the heat vent under the silverware drawer...then I felt a little more secluded & private. But that was it!! Many an hour was spent stretching that cord as far away as I could from the ears of my mother.
Over the years I have marveled that I could pick up the phone...push a series of numbers, and ta-dah!.. I could speak to the person on the other end. Miracle of miracles!! I honestly couldn't imagine life without this wonderful blessing. I love my i-touch and our lap top that through "skype" we can see our beautiful families so far away from us. I do text, but have never tried my hand at tweeting... Hence... today I am thankful for telephones, etc!
1 comment:
I would stretch that cord as far into the living room under the planter that divided the front room from the kitchen....but I also was always lying on the floor with my feet high in the air and propped on some wall or chair or couch. Teenagers!!!! Oh by the way my phones still have cords. My kids think I am a dinosaur....and I guess I am. LOLOL
Post a Comment