- Pumpkins and Chrysanthemums explode with color.
- Leaves change colors and start dancing in the streets.
- Life seems a little slower... perhaps to prepare for the quiet silence of winter.
- There is evidence all around of "what you sow.... you can reap!"
- The smell the first time the furnace goes on.
- Anticipation of family gatherings for the holiday season...
When I was a kid, raking leaves was a lot more fun. We had several oak trees in our backyard. Not only did we rake the leaves, but my mother wanted every acorn in sight also picked up.
Last fall it seemed we raked every leaf in the neighborhood. Our church meetinghouse is across the street from our home, and every year the wind blows the leaves from all the trees directly into our yard. We also helped a few of our neighbors who were having some troubles.
Today I made a "Chicken Pot Pie." The carrots & corn were from the garden. For the top crust, I cut out oak leaf shapes with the pie dough and covered it with them. My honey said it was "adorable." I can't help it.... it was!
4 comments:
I want to see a picture, I bet that was the cutest chicken pot pie ever!!
Hi Donna! I found out that you had a blog through Jamie, so I wanted to say hi!
I can't wait to try that chicken pot pie. I love when the weather get cooler and I can start baking again!
I second the wanting to see a picture! Thank you SO much for the adorable clippy flower I just got from you in the mail today! I'll post a picture of her wearing it :) Happy Fall to you guys!
Post a Comment