
I'm stealing these pictures (with permission) from my sister's blog (because she has the more expensive camera anyway...) and sharing with you what a very special day I had last Saturday. Alain & I drove to Laketown, Utah where a dedication of a Veteran's Memorial was to be held. Laketown is the place where my father grew up. He had four brothers and two sisters. My dad and three of his brothers served in World War II. One brother Earl, died while in training, and the three other brothers went on to help America be a free country. My Uncle Russel who is 92 years old was there with members of his family. My dad has always been a hero to me, but recently I was reminded that he was awarded "two" Navy Cross Medals which is a very high honor in the Navy. The Monument was beautiful and had the names of men who served from Laketown and the surrounding areas of the beautiful Bear Lake Valley. Heart-felt Gratitude & Pride!
No comments:
Post a Comment