Thursday, October 9, 2008

I wanna be a farmer's wife...

(Can you guess these potato shapes?) Since I've been back from California, I've been busy "HARVESTING!" Yesterday I went out into our garden and cut all the pumpkins, pulled up the carrots, picked some green beans and peppers. Yesterday afternoon I went up to our bishops potato fields with my friend Marilyn and some of the young women and we "gleaned" the potatoes that the big harvesting trucks "slober." I've been washing and cutting up carrots all day to freeze. Marilyn and I also went and picked apples... tonight it is going to freeze so we had to do it today. While we were picking we started laughing because it started snowing... just the fluffy, drifting kind that didn't stick... but we laughed because we didn't want to cry. It can't be that time again, can it? P.S. Alain is doing wonderful. He is happy I am back and we are enjoying being together. He also "harvested" today, but the hard kind... pulling all the corn stalks, pumpkin vines, holly hocks, etc. out, & taking a trip to the dump. It cost $1 to dump our trailer. Gotta love Idaho! The law of the harvest is real. Whatever we choose to sow... that shall we also reap. Hopefully we are all sowing seeds of goodness, kindness, honestly, & hard work. The harvest will be a bountiful & fulfilling one if we do!

No comments: